Hawfinch in Garden

Saturday 24th -Tuesday 27th February 2018
I was delighted to see this male Hawfinch on the bird table this morning at 7.40 this morning. I saw a male and female around the Fisher's Meadow/canal area (Quedgeley) on Saturday so I knew they weren't far away. I just love them.

Saturday was also a chance to look for Water Pipit at Saul Warth with Andy, and it duly obliged. A male Merlin was also present, although distant, and a Stonechat and a Peregrine were the other highlights.

Water Pipit, Saul Warth
Male Stonechat, Saul Warth

On Sunday I caught up with the drake Ring-necked Duck on pit 16 in the Cotswold Water Park west, with Andy and Mark.
Ring-necked Duck (right) with Tufted Ducks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gran Canaria

Cotswold Orchids and a Garden Hobby

Todd's Canada Goose