Home, Up and Away

Friday 11th March 2011

A pair of Bullfinches were a nice addition the usual recent range of garden birds (above and below); I haven't seen a Bullfinch in the garden for a few years and after Linda telling me she saw a male last weekend I hope they continue visiting for a while. The female Brambling was also present.


I had the afternoon off work so I headed to look for the GREAT GREY SHRIKE south of Winchcombe. With Mike's help it was eventually located near Waterhatch hunting from wires at SP039256 (record shot below). Also of note was two Tawny Owls calling at Willis's Coppice, a Marsh Tit, two Green Woodpeckers, a Great Spotted Woodpecker, three Buzzards, a singing Mistle Thrush, 25 Fieldfares, six Roe Deer and a Fox.

I had to go to Bristol later so made a slight diversion to Bradley Stoke to find the 24 WAXWINGS at the Aldi roundabout (below) at 4.40pm. I couldn't hear them calling above the traffic noise, but a nice year tick nonetheless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gran Canaria

Cotswold Orchids and a Garden Hobby

Todd's Canada Goose