200 - It's a Dotterel!

Monday 1st September 2008

Thanks to those who voted in the poll, little did I know it would be the next day, you were both right anyway, it was 'other' in the form of a Dotterel. It was nice that my 200th Gloucestershire year tick was a lifer and was also at Slimbridge WWT, where I have spent many an enjoyable day birding. I don't want to sound like I'm accepting an Oscar, but I must give a big thanks to all those who have helped me get there, and especially to Mike King, my two fellow amigos Andy Chapman and Mark Hobson, to Martin McGill and James Lees at WWT, and last but not least, to Linda, for putting up with me. Above is the best shot I could manage in the howling wind and fading light, but it's a special photo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gran Canaria

Cotswold Orchids and a Garden Hobby

Todd's Canada Goose