Back from Cornwall

Sunday 17th August 2008

I returned to Glos on Friday after a week's holiday in Cornwall and after a short rest, made it down to Saul Warth to see the Red-necked Phalarope. I needn't have hurried down as it's still there, but didn't want to risk missing it. This latest tick brings my county list for the year to 194 (note: I'd missed off Crossbill and Wheatear somehow, so I'm only six off the magic 200 now). I'll do a little report soon on my week in Cornwall, in the meantime here's a taster above - a Turnstone at Mousehole.

A quick visit to Slimbridge WWT earlier produced five Green Sandpipers, six Black-tailed Godwits, two Spotted Redshanks, a Ruff, and that Egyptian Goose.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gran Canaria

Cotswold Orchids and a Garden Hobby

Todd's Canada Goose